Monday, June 18, 2007

Idiot Sightings

We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears
> repairman told us that one of our problems was that
> we did not have a "large" enough motor on the opener.
> I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest
> one Sears made at that time a 1/2 horsepower.
> He shook his head and said, "Lady, you need a 1/4
> horsepower." I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4.
> He said, "NO, it's not." Four is larger than two."
> We haven't used Sears repair since.
>
>
> IDIOT SIGHTING:
>
> I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new
> neighbor call the local township administrative
> office to request the removal of the DEER
> CROSSING sign on our road. The reason:
> "Too many deer are being hit by cars out here!
> I don't think this is a good place for them to be
> crossing anymore." (From Kingman, KS.)
>
>
> IDIOTS IN FOOD SERVICE:
>
> My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a
> taco. She asked the person behind the counter for
> "minimal lettuce." He said he was sorry, but they only
> had iceburg lettuce. He was a Chef?
> Yep... (From Kansas City!)
>
>
>
>
> IDIOT SIGHTING:
>
> I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when
> an airport employee asked, "Has anyone put
> anything in your baggage without your knowledge?"
> To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge,
> how would I know?" He smiled knowingly and nodded,
> "That's why we ask." (Happened in Birmingham, Ala.)
>
>
>
>
> IDIOT SIGHTING:
>
> The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to
> cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually
> challenged coworker of mine. She asked if I knew
> what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals
> blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she
> responded, "What on earth are blind people doing
> driving?!" She was a probation officer in Wichita, KS.
> IDIOT SIGHTING:
>
> At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker;
> she was leaving the company due to "downsizing."
> Our manager commented cheerfully, "This is fun.
> We should do this more often." Not another word
> was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that
> deer-in-the-headlights stare.
> This was a lunch at Texas Instruments.
>
>
> IDIOT SIGHTING:
>
> I work with an individual who plugged her power
> strip back into itself and for the sake of her life,
> couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.
> A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office, no less.
>
>
>
>
> IDIOT SIGHTING:
>
> When my husband and I arrived at an automobile
> dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys
> had been locked in it. We went to the service department
> and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the
> driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side,
> I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that
> it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the technician,
> "its open!" His reply, "I know. I already got that side."
> This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, Mississippi!
>
>
>
>
> STAY ALERT! They walk among us... and they REPRODUCE!!!

Thanks Randy H.!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home